Help with Pheme is available in the following categories:
Activating your new Pheme account for the first time
- If you are a new visitor you will need to activate your new account
- During the activation process you will be asked for your visitor number
a. If your visitor number has an "500" prefix you will be asked to enter your date of birth - at this point the Campus Card barcode field will grey out; it is not required for affiliates
b. All other visitors will also be required to enter their Campus Card barcode
- Choose 'I agree' after you have read the terms and conditions
- Enter a valid email address when prompted. This will be used for all correspondence relating to your account, including password and account expiry notification
- You will then be asked to choose and enter two 'challenge question and answers'. A challenge question and answer is a useful level of security that uses personally meaningful information.
- To easily reset your password, you will need to know your challenge questions and their answers.
- The challenge answer is not case sensitive but it must be six or more characters long and may contain letters numbers, spaces and special characters
- After entering your challenge question and answer, a random password will be generated and your new account will be activated
- You must change your password immediately after this, or you will not be able to login.
If you have problems logging in to Pheme you should first check that you have activated your new account.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it if you have your challenge questions and answers.
If you are still having problems logging in, contact the IT Service Desk, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1234.
Changing your password
For security, you will need to change (reset) your password regularly.
Log on to Pheme with your visitor number and your current password. If you do not remember your password, you may be able to reset it using the Forgotten or expired password utility.
To reset your password:
- To change your password, log in to Pheme.
- Click on the 'Menu' icon in the top-right, and select the 'Change password' option.
- Enter in your current Pheme password.
- Enter in your new password.
- Re-enter the new password to confirm that you typed it correctly.
- you cannot use any of your last five passwords; and
- if you are using a UWA computer, you will also have to log out and then use your new password to log back in.
If you have forgotten your password and you have your challenge questions and answers, you can reset your password by using the 'Forgotten or expired password?' link below the login boxes on the Pheme website.
You will be prompted with both of your challenge questions, and will need to enter the correct answers for both. You can set a new password as soon as you have entered the correct answers to your challenge questions.
If you have not set up challenge questions, or do not remember your challenge answers, contact the IT Service Desk, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1234.
If your password has expired, please follow the same steps for forgotten passwords.
Changing your challenge questions
Your challenge questions are used to identify you when resetting your password. You should choose challenge questions that are meaningful only to you and cannot be guessed, or discovered by other people.
To change your challenge question and answer:
- Log in to Pheme.
- Click on the 'Menu' icon in the top-right, and select the 'Change reset challenge' option.
- Select a challenge question from the drop down list.
- Enter the answer to your chosen challenge question.
- Enter your Pheme password.
- Select 'Submit'
- Need help? Contact the IT Service Desk, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1234.
- Terms and conditions for visitor Pheme accounts