Help with Pheme is available in the following categories:
Activating your new Pheme account for the first time
- If you are a new staff member you will need to activate your new account.
- During the activation process you will be asked for your staff number and your date of birth.
- Choose 'I agree' after you have read the terms and conditions.
- You will then be asked to enter a 'challenge question and answer'. A challenge question and answer is a useful level of security that uses personally meaningful information.
- To easily reset your password, you will need to know your challenge question and answer.
- The challenge answer is not case sensitive but it must be six or more characters long and may contain letters numbers, spaces and special characters.
- After entering your challenge question and answer, a random password will be generated and your new account will be activated.
- You must change your password immediately after this, or you will not be able to login.
If you have problems logging in to Pheme you should first check that you have activated your new account.
If you are still having problems logging in, contact the IT Service Desk, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1234.
For security, you will need to change (reset) your password every six months. You will be notified via your staff email address when your password is due to expire.
Log on to Pheme with your staff number and your current password. If you do not remember your password, you may be able to reset it using the reset existing password utility.
- To change your password, use the 'change your password' link.
- Enter your current password.
- Then enter a new password.
- Re-enter the new password again to confirm that you typed it correctly.
- you cannot use any of your last five passwords; and
- if you are using a UWA computer, you will also have to log out and then use your new password to log back in.
Password resets and account unlocks are now available through the self-service password reset (SSPR) function.
If your password has expired, please follow the same steps for forgotten passwords.
Your challenge question and answer are used to identify you when resetting your existing password. You should choose a challenge question and answer that is meaningful only to you and cannot be guessed, or discovered by other people.
To change your challenge question and answer:
- Log in to Pheme
- Use the 'change your challenge' link.
- Choose 'update'.