Help with Pheme is available in the following categories:
- If you are a new visitor you will need to activate your new account
- During the activation process you will be asked for your visitor number
a. If your visitor number has an "500" prefix you will be asked to enter your date of birth - at this point the Campus Card barcode field will grey out; it is not required for affiliates
b. All other visitors will also be required to enter their Campus Card barcode
- Choose 'I agree' after you have read the terms and conditions
- Enter a valid email address when prompted. This will be used for all correspondence relating to your account, including password and account expiry notification
- You will then be asked to enter a 'challenge question and answer'. A challenge question and answer is a useful level of security that uses personally meaningful information
- To easily reset your password, you will need to know your challenge question and answer
- The challenge answer is not case sensitive but it must be six or more characters long and may contain letters numbers, spaces and special characters
- After entering your challenge question and answer, a random password will be generated and your new account will be activated
- You must change your password immediately after this, or you will not be able to login.
If you have problems logging in to Pheme you should first check that you have activated your new account.
If you are still having problems logging in, contact the IT Service Desk, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1515.
Changing your password
For security, you will need to change (reset) your password regularly.
Log on to Pheme with your visitor number and your current password. If you do not remember your password, you may be able to reset it using the reset existing password utility. To reset your password, use the 'change your password' link.
- Enter your current password.
- Then enter a new password.
- Re-enter the new password again to confirm that you typed it correctly.
- you cannot use any of your last five passwords; and
- if you are using a UWA computer, you will also have to log out and then use your new password to log back in.
You will be prompted with your challenge question and need to enter your correct answer. You can set a new password as soon as you have entered the correct answer to your challenge question.
If you have not set a challenge question, or do not remember your challenge answer, contact the IT Service Desk, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1515.
If your password has expired, please follow the same steps for forgotten passwords.
Your challenge question and answer are used to identify you when resetting your password. You should choose a challenge question and answer that is meaningful only to you and cannot be guessed, or discovered by other people.
To change your challenge question and answer:
- Log in to Pheme
- Use the 'change your challenge' link.
- Choose 'update'.