Help with Pheme is available in the following categories:
- If you are a new student you will need to activate your new account.
- During the activation process you will be asked for your student number and your date of birth.
- Choose 'I agree' after you have read the terms and conditions.
- You will then be asked to choose and enter two 'challenge question and answers'. A challenge question and answer is a useful level of security that uses personally meaningful information.
- To easily reset your password, you will need to know your challenge questions and their answers.
- A challenge answer is not case sensitive, but it must be six or more characters long and may contain letters numbers, spaces and special characters.
- After entering your challenge questions and their answers, scroll down to the next fields on the screen where you must create a Pheme password. This password must be an 8 character combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Press the submit button to activate your Pheme account.
If you have problems logging in to Pheme you should first check that you have activated your new account.
If you are still having problems logging in, please contact our support staff or visit us in person at information desks in any of our subject libraries.
For security reasons, you will need to change (reset) your password every six months. You will be notified via your student email address when your password is due to expire.
Log on to Pheme with your student number and your current password. If you do not remember your password, you can reset it using the reset existing password utility.
- To change your password, log in to Pheme.
- Click on the 'Menu' icon in the top-right, and select the 'Change password' option.
- Enter in your current Pheme password.
- Enter in your new password.
- Re-enter the new password to confirm that you typed it correctly.
Note: You cannot use any of your last five passwords.
You will be prompted with both of your challenge questions, and will need to enter the correct answers for both. You can set a new password as soon as you have entered the correct answers to your challenge questions.
If you have not set up challenge questions, or you do not remember your challenge answers, you will need to visit a subject library information desk. Please take photo identification with you such as your UWA Campus Card, your drivers license or your passport.
If your password has expired, please follow the same steps for forgotten passwords.
Changing your challenge questions and answers
Your challenge questions and answers are used to identify you when resetting your existing password. You should choose challenge questions and answers that are meaningful only to you and cannot be guessed, or discovered by other people. To change your challenge questions and answers:
- Log in to Pheme.
- Click on the 'Menu' icon in the top-right, and select the 'Change reset challenge' option.
- Select a challenge question from the drop down list.
- Enter the answer to your chosen challenge question.
- Enter your Pheme password.
- Select 'Submit'.